I was my own enemy - Y. Georghiou
I Was My Own Enemy by Y. Georghiou – The Conversation Cyprus Can No Longer Avoid There are books that entertain us, books that educate us, and then there are books that challenge us to look at ourselves and the society we live in. I Was My Own Enemy by Y. Georghiou belongs firmly in the last category. Mental health remains one of the biggest taboos in Cyprus. We often avoid talking about it, and when we do, misconceptions, stereotypes, and lack of understanding usually dominate the conversation. It is much easier to pretend these struggles happen somewhere else, to someone else. This memoir reminds us that they do not. Despite his young age, Y. Georghiou has been through experiences that many people cannot even imagine. From the very first pages, he writes with remarkable honesty. There is no attempt to soften the reality of his journey. He takes the reader straight into the loneliness, the fear, the confusion, and the overwhelming difficulty of trying to explain what living with menta...






Comments
Post a Comment